Thursday, April 2, 2015

The shoe dropped

Back from 2014 it has been quite an open/new experience for me to have.  I have met someone who is truly special to me and I recognized it immediately.  He wasn't someone I talked about in my passing blogs because it was a short moment I wanted to take in and not jinxs myself. 

It was Nov. of 2013 when a friend of mine introduced us.  I was open because I trust his judgment he kept saying we could be a good match so I was anxious to meet this person.  Eventually I became impatient and saw his profile page on fb.  First off he is very handsome yes he definitely fit the physical profile of what I like in a guy.  Second what really hooked me what his postings were about and cute sentimental videos about life, appreciating the little things and what we're missing out.  That video post struck me because I saw a bit of his personality in this postings and how he viewed the world.  I really wanted to meet him so I told me friend hey if you do plan for us to get together let it happen naturally don't mention I'll be there nor let him know I want to meet him just invite me out and let him see for himself.  I went this route so there would be no awkwardness and humiliation on my end if he wasn't interested. 

That meeting happened and I made sure I was at my natural state.  I didn't want to be flashy, eager, or even look like I'm trying.  I wanted him to see ME.  I was ready for a real connection at it's raw stage with no expectations and nothing to lose.  I was nervous walking in but I immediately sucked it up with "you may not like him Estelle" and that was my mindset.  It was love at first sight for me and we we hit it off instantly and before the end of the night I took that leap of faith and asked him if he was going to call me.  He was surprised I was even interested because he wasn't sure if I was interested.  That gave him the signal and he took it.  We were hooked on each other for 7 days straight no "nooky" either.  He was a total gentlemen and I felt a strong connection the whole time. 

The shoe dropped when an ex wanted to get back with him and he decided to give love a second chance.  I was crushed and of course said to myself only I can experience something too good to be true.  That began the spark of just doing me in 2014. 

1 comment: