Monday, April 14, 2014

I don't like his last name (Final)

Mr. Last Name has been persistent on seeing me.  We've chatted on the phone a couple times and I noticed how strongly opinionated he is.  I can't say much about him but he seems to be a genuine person.  I have to say the excitement fizzled a bit for me as the long talks and strong opinions disctracted me from really being attracted to him.  I feel sometimes we have to look at things in perspective and I was just thinking of the big potential big picture, if the possibility of us was perfect this is what I would have to face and I felt like I need to nip it in the bud immediately before I go.  This is how I look at it *side eyes*.  Even though I've jumped the gun big time about thinking way too far ahead wouldn't you think of this as a deal breaker?


I tend to lean more on the traditional side of things when it comes to being married like taking his last name so I"m sorry the thought came across my mind for a few seconds/minute/hour.  You know that saying "you don't get a 2nd chance at the first impression" or "when in doubt trust your gut" lol.  Anyways my impression of him was he was fun and charming and with that sure I'll give you my #, ha clearly doesn't take much for me but then when the laughter faded and the real conversations started to sink in, and to size him up but I couldn't get there because it wasn't all there with me.  I didn't feel the connection.  The connection where you don't need to talk much but just be and feel it without knowing anything about that person.  I'm looking for that.  I felt like the more drinks, deep conversations, and compliments had to be built for my fire to arise only to be full of smoke.

I kept waiting for the real answer when he told me his last name.  I seriously thought he was joking. He explained where it came from and why his parents came up with that.  Did I tell yall his parents are Muslim but "he's not".  Unfortunately here I respect my experiences and will have to protect the identify of that person.  :) but I can say it sounds like Saddam Huessain lol.  Get my drift.... But I will say it was enough to say "spell that"  I am not about to be someone's wife rocking that last name.  What do I look like?!?!  As shallow and ignorant as I am that was my confirmation.  He was honest with me that he can't give me what I truly deserves as much as he's willing and open to convince himself he would be that guy for me but the reality of his job and travel can't permit that sacrifice and with that I was all good.  I'm glad he was the bigger person as he will be out of town for the next 4 months and I wasn't able to tell him the truth that there wouldn't be a future no way based on his last name.  We are cool.  Oh well on to the next. 

No comments:

Post a Comment